Basswood Timber Super White 1602 Plantation Shutters
The Fit-Yourself Indoor Basswood Shutters
Basswood is a world-renowned hardwood (Tilia Americana) and comes from the Linden family of trees. It is revered for its strength and light, lustrous beauty.
If you always aim for the top and never take anything less, then this Super White Basswood Shutter is the perfect one for you. Its off-white color has a clean look that is inviting and refreshing. Get this shutter, and the feeling is like constantly getting some fresh air in your home.
With this shutter, you can always opt for more or less light, depending on your needs. Brighter atmosphere gives you an energetic ambiance while darker mood gives you a little drama, more ideal for long hours of sleep and rest.
- They are suitable for indoor window fitting only.
- They're available in a selection of two colours. In its natural state, Basswood is light and ideal for staining. If even consistency of colour is required by you, Basswood is ideal. Obviously, Basswood is a natural timber so it possesses all the natural colour and texture variations you'll find in any timber.
- Basswood is not highly susceptible to colour change. Typically, any colour change is gradual and not clearly discernible.
- Basswood is a medium-density timber so it's suitably light and also capable of resisting knocks and bumps
- Each Fit-Yourself Basswood shutter has a UV-stabilised single-pack lacquer finish and is designed for interior use only. It should not be exposed to wet weather.
- Because it's kiln-dried, Basswood timber is resistant to warping and bowing, making it the perfect shutter timber
- Basswood is a sustainably managed plantation-grown timber so it's environment-friendly.
Plantation Shutters Basswood Timber Super White 1602 Product Specifications
|Blind colour:||Super White 1602|
|Measurement type:||Recess or Face fit|
|Blade Sizes:||69mm, 89mm and (114mm Basswood timber)|
|Basswood Recess fit mount frame:||L-frame, Standard Z-frame, Crown Z-frame|
|Basswood Face fit mount frame:||L-frame, Camber Deco|
|Aluminium Recess fit mount frame:||Small L, Pattern Z, Plain Z|
|Aluminium Face fit mount frame:||Small L, Outside Mount Frame|
|Tilt options:||Clearview, Center|
|Operation type:||Fixed, hinged, bi-fold, slide|
|Number of Panels||Up-to 8 panels based on width|
|Package contents:||Blind, Installation instructions|
How to measures
How to measure your shutter before you order it.
It's of course very important that you measure precisely the space into which your Fit-Yourself Shutter is going to be secured.
Some helpful background information on our high-quality shutters.
- Our shutters generally have a shutter panel attached (hinged) to a frame.
- The panel consists of louvres which swivel open and closed.
- There are stiles which run vertically on the sides and rails which run horizontally along the top and bottom of the shutter.
- Panels with a height greater than 1800mm will include a divider rail.
- This adds strength to the construction and added support to each shutter panel.
- It also allows you to open the top louvres while keeping the bottom ones closed.
- See the diagram for a clearer understanding of the component parts.
Single Panel Shutter
Two Panel Shutter
How to measure for Recess Fit Shutters
Naturally, an inside-mounted shutter sits within your window frame. Many regard it as the sleeker and more modern way to install one's shutters, providing you have sufficient depth. There are three inside-mount frame options possible:
|Minimum Depth Requirements|
If installation occurs in a window opening without a protruding sill, the inside-mounted Z-Frame will extend around 28mm onto the face of the wall - See Illustration 2. However, if the sill is protruding, the base of your shutter frame will end at the top of the sill - See Illustration 1.
The decorative trim face of the Z-Frame will cover most of the apparent inconsistencies or any light gaps created due to the window frame not being precisely 'square' and will hide deviations of up to 5mm on either side of the frame
First, please refer to the Minimum Depth Requirements chart. gruntPlease note that special attention should be given to window openings which have:
- Sloping window sills
- Window cranks
- Security devices
- Removeable screens
Any one of these may obstruct the shutter frame. When measuring for our Inside Mount Shutters ensure you have the proper clearance depth shown above, based on your measurement to the front of the nearest obstruction. If you have any queries, please contact us.
How to make your precision measurements for your fit-yourself shutters.
You'll need to measure the width of each window opening in three places: the top, middle and bottom, as shown in Illustrations A and B.
- Take the smallest of the three measurements and write it down on a piece of paper.
- This width size is the size you will need to order, without making any deductions to it.
- Our factory will make a minor deduction to each accurate size you give us to allow for easy installation.
Measure each window's height in three places: across the top, middle and bottom, as shown in Illustrations A and B. Then, take the smallest measurement and use this as the size you place on your order to us. Our factory will make a minor deduction to this height measurement to allow for easy installation of you new shutter.
Height and width adjustments needed
Our factory will make any necessary adjustments needed to enable easy self-fitting of your blind. Do not make any adjustments to your measurements. Just send us the precise dimensions you measured carefully.
Important note if the height of your shutter is over 1800mm
If your shutter height is greater than 1800mm it will automatically include a centred divider rail.
How to measure for Face Fit Shutters
Important not about the importance of accurate measuring
Our Fit-Yourself Shutters are very easy to install but it's essential that the measurement of the window space into which they need to fit, to be very precise. You MUST use a steel measuring tape and measure each and every window, regardless of whether or not they appear identical. In most cases, they won't be.
Our Outside Mounted Fit-Yourself shutter will come to you without and deductions to the sizes you specified on your order to us. When ordering your Outside Mounted shutter, ensure that you specify the 'finished sizes', including the frame.
When determining the finished width of your Fit-Yourself Shutter, make sure you measure the OUTSIDE edge of the architrave ( as shown in the diagram above).
When measuring a window with no sill, please ensure that you measure the edge of the architrave using a steel measure. Measure from the top of the sill to the very top edge of the architrave ( as shown in the diagram above).
How to install
Do you do installation?
No, we are an online supplier only, all our customers do the installing themselves.
Can i order samples of fabrics?
Yes, on our website you can order free samples and we will ship it for free.
Do you supply extension bracket?
Yes we can supply those please make note of this in the comment section of your order.
What if my blinds don't fit?
You can organise to send your blinds back if they are too large. We can trim them down for a small fee.
If your blinds is too short you will need to purchase new ones. So check triple check your measurements.
What are your office hours?
Our customer services operates Monday to Friday 10:30am - 6:30pm AEST
Can you do a Cord Control Vertical Blinds
Yes we can.
What colour is Opal Anodised