No matter what type of blind you require, measuring your windows is easy with our simple instructions.
- Tape measure (metal ones are best)
- Pen and paper
When the blinds are required to fit inside the window recess.
Select this option if you wish to supply the size of the recess into which the blinds will fit. To provide this measurement, select "inside recess" as the measurement option. This will require measurement of the window in 3 places, as shown to the right; please provide us with the smallest measurement.
On all blinds except Roller Blinds and Vision Blinds we will deduct a small amount to ensure the blinds clear the sides and bottom of the recess, allowing for correct operation. We will make an approximate deduction of 10mm from the width, 5mm off each side and up to 10mm from the drop. On Roller Blinds and Vision Blinds we only allow approximately 2mm deduction on width measurement as this will lessen the fabric gap.
Minimum Depth required for RECESS TO FIX BRACKET.
This is a guide with an understanding that the minimum depth for the bracket may mean that the blinds and bracket will sit outside the window recess.
|Vertical Blinds 89mm||30mm - 85mm|
|Vertical Blinds 127mm||30mm - 90mm|
|Aluminium Venetian Blinds||20mm - 35mm|
|Roman Blinds||20mm - 35mm|
|Timber-look Nova Blinds||30mm - 70mm|
|Cedar Venetian Blinds||30mm - 70mm|
|Panel Glide Blinds||30mm - 65mm|
|Vertisheer Blinds)||30mm - 90mm|
When the blinds are required to hang outside the window recess.
For all types of blinds follow these instructions if you want your blind to hang outside the window recess:
- Measure the exact width of where you'd like your blind to be. We recommend the blind overlaps the window by at least 50mm to a 100mm on each edge depending on the space you have. If you have an architrave we recommend measuring from outside of architrave to outside of architrave. Note the measurement.
- Measure the exact drop from the top of where you want your blind to be to the bottom. Please note we recommend 50mm to a 100mm above the window opening depending on the space you have. Note the measurement.
- All of our blinds are made to measure. Please follow the instructions carefully. Make sure you take your measurements using a STEEL rule or tape.
- Take all your measurements in millimetres (mm).
- When measuring, always look out for things like window handles or tiles and take their position into account if necessary, to ensure a perfect fit.
- When taking measurements please follow this helpful rule - "measure once, measure twice and measure again to be sure!".
- All of our blinds can be fitted into the face of the window frame or wall, or into the top of the lintel. This gives you complete control over the positioning of your blind.