There’s nothing quite like firing up the barbie and having a get together with your nearest and dearest on a summer evening. Aside from choosing which bottle of wine to open, you’ve just gotta decide what to cook, and how best to shelter your alfresco area while you’re cooking!
Luckily for you, we’ve got the answers to both! Keep reading below for a delicious summer salad recipe, plus some of the best outdoor wind protecting blinds in our product range.
Simple Grilled Summer Salad
During the summer months, sweet and scrumptious stone fruits like nectarines are in bountiful supply. These fruits are beautiful to eat fresh, cooked into a dessert, or grilled for a savoury dish, like we’re about to do.
Similar in shape and sweetness to peaches (without the fuzzy skin), nectarines contain lots of vitamins and minerals, including beta-carotene, which gives certain varieties their yellow-red colour. So, next time you’re in need of a summer side dish, take advantage of this healthy seasonal fruit and give this simple salad a crack.
- Salad greens, washed and dried
- 4-6 ripe yellow nectarines
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped
- Olive oil and lemon juice, to dress
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat your grill or barbeque.
- Wash and dry your nectarines, then cut each fruit in half and remove the pits.
- Brush each nectarine half with olive oil and place, cut side down, on the hot surface for a few minutes or until lightly charred. Once the fruit is charred to your liking, remove and set aside.
- Place the pre-washed salad greens into a serving bowl and place nectarines over the greens, charred sides up.
- Top with crumbled cheese and pistachios, then finish with salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Best Outdoor Wind Protecting Blinds
When you’re cooking outdoors, or even just relaxing outside with a cuppa, there can be nothing more annoying than gusty winds. Wind can blow smoke in your eyes and prevent the grill from lighting – which is far from ideal when you’re trying to enjoy an evening outdoors.
To keep the wind from disrupting your summer evenings, here are the top two exterior window shades to install.
Other outdoor blinds tend to flap around when it's windy, but not Windmaster! These outdoor roller blinds are designed to be as sturdy as they come. With features like heavy-duty base rails, channels and locks, this ensures the fabric will stay put to block out windy weather.
Just like Windmaster blinds, outdoor shutters are a premium window treatment that are a great choice for your home. These window treatments can offer complete privacy, plus block out light and wind by simply rotating the shutter blades. Outdoor shutters are best suited to entertaining areas that already have some kind of protective barrier, such as a partially enclosed patio or deck.
Interested in wind-resistant blinds or shutters for your home? Why not get in touch! You can reach us via Facebook or by calling my Australian customer support team on 1300 699 041, and they'll beat any competing in-store or online blinds quote you may have by a huge 10 percent!
You can find all of our shutters, awnings, curtains and blinds online for the lowest prices, guaranteed. Plus, we deliver Australia-wide from Perth to the east coast and offer free shipping on nearly all orders over $199.