Spring is in the air, which calls for sprucing up the home, enjoying the sunshine and getting stuck into some new seasonal produce. Keep reading below for a delicious spring recipe, plus some of our favourite spring cleaning tips.
Easy Frittata Recipe
Short on time and extra cash? Frittatas make for a perfect meal at any time of the day. They’re fast, filling and help you use up all those leftover veggies lying around in the fridge.
While you can use a wide variety of vegetables in your frittata, we’ve focused on some special in-season produce, like asparagus and parsley. Follow the easy frittata recipe below to fill your home with the delicious scent of spring veggies.
- 10 large eggs (choose organic, free-range eggs when possible)
- 1/3 cup milk (option to swap with your non-dairy preference)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups cubed sweet potato
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 1 cup trimmed and chopped asparagus
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup feta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make a frittata
- Preheat oven to 190ºC
- Heat a large non-stick pan then add olive oil to coat the pan.
- Add the sweet potato and leek and season. Cook for 2–3 minutes, then place in a baking tray.
- Pop into your preheated oven for around 10 minutes, or until sweet potato is tender. Remove from oven.
- Crack all 10 eggs into a mixing bowl, then whisk together.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper to egg mixture, followed by asparagus and parsley.
- Pour mixture evenly into the sweet potato and leek tray, then add feta.
- Return to oven and bake until eggs are cooked (approx.10 minutes).
- Once everything is cooked, remove from oven and enjoy!
Tip: best served fresh alongside a light green salad. If you have leftovers, these can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When you start cooking up a storm, you blinds can bear the brunt! If your kitchen blinds are looking a little worse for wear, grab an old (but clean) sock. Put the sock on your hand and run it along any surface to pick up dust, grease or grime.
If you don’t already have kitchen blinds installed, or they’re past their expiration date, check out these products.
Timber-look nova blinds: Get the look of natural wood blinds with the durability of PVC. These indoor blinds can withstand moisture, steam and splashes.
Aluminium venetians or aluminium shutters: These kitchen window coverings are resistant to fading, peeling or warping – making them a perfect choice if your windows are directly over the kitchen sink.
Vertical blinds: These blinds offer the durability of PVC, plus the benefits of total light and privacy control. With the right angle, you can easily stop outsiders from watching you cook up a storm.
Interested in kitchen blinds for your home? Why not get in touch! You can reach us via Facebook or by calling my Australian customer support team on 1300 699 041, and they'll beat any competing in-store or online blinds quote you may have by a huge 10 percent!
You can find all of our shutters, awnings, curtains and blinds online for the lowest prices, guaranteed. Plus, we deliver Australia-wide from Perth to the east coast and offer free shipping on metro orders over $449. For all other orders, shipping is $27.